Presentations and Publications by Joe Murphy, Librarian
For a fuller list of contributions, see http://joemurphylibraryfuture.com/presentations/ for presentations and http://joemurphylibraryfuture.com/publications-by-joe-murphy/ for publications.
Select keynote talks – online at http://www.slideshare.net/joseph.murphy:
- “Innovative Library Directions,” Edinburgh Scotland.
- “Tech Analysis & Inspiration Points for Library Futures.” Southern African Online Information Meeting (SAOIM). June 2014, Pretoria, South Africa.
- “The Post Mobile Library.” m-Libraries, Hong Kong, May 2014.
- MetLib 2014, New Zealand “Technology, innovation and the library of the future.” May 2014.
- VALA, Melbourne, Australia. 2014.
- “Technology trends for information professionals .” Internet Librarian International, Oct 15, 2013. London.
- “Tech & Libraries Designing the Future Together.” Library Two-Day Conference. Middelburg, the Netherlands. Dec 2012
- “Tech Changes & Library Futures.” Conference on GenNext Libraries, Emerging Technologies: New Direction for Libraries. Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Brunei. Oct. 8, 2012.
- “Technology and its impact on learning and research.” International Association of Scientific and Technological University Libraries (IATUL), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. June 2012.
Book Series Co-Editor: Emerging Trends in Librarianship, Morgan & Claypool.
- Location-Aware Services and QR Codes for Libraries. The Tech Set series. Neal-Schuman. 2011.
- Mobile Devices and the Library: Handheld Tech, Handheld Reference. Edited by Joe Murphy. Oct 14th 2011, Routledge. 978-0-415-68975-5.
- Topic Consultant [Technical Editor]: Rector, Natalie T. Social Media Marketing for Libraries. Ed. Joe Murphy. LITA Publications. eBook.
Guest Editor: 4 special issues of The Reference Librarian. Volume 52 #1 and 2 2011 and expected publication date for second issue Volume 53 issue 1 Fall 2011. Third and fourth volume dates TBD.
- “Using Mobile Devices FOR Research.” (Cover story). Online. May 2010; 34(3):14-18. Peer Reviewed.
- “Social Networking Literacy Competencies For Librarians: Exploring Considerations And Engaging Participation.” With Heather Moulaison. Proceedings of the Fourteenth National Conference of the Association of College and Research Libraries, March, 2009. Chicago: Association of College and Research Libraries, 2009. Page 328.